Friday, June 11, 2010

2oo9 - 2o1o

My senior year was a lot different than I expected it to be, in both good and bad ways. My grades this year/overall school performance can be summed up pretty tidily with one word: awful. Grades were worse than ever, but hey, it all worked out in the end, seeing as I got into really the one school I wanted to attend, VCU. Considering I'm downtown a lot in the first place, I think it'll be a good fit. I also got into Hampden Sydney and Randolph Macon but as for HS, I'm not a fan of the whole image/mindset of their student body, not really tryin' to bro out for four years, and Randolph just seemed like a really generic school with no real personality to it. Honestly I'm just happy to be out of high school, I'm graduating Wednesday and couldn't be more ready, no more lame busy work, no more aggravating people...well I guess there will always be those people but hey at least they'll be new and exciting for awhile haha.

I'm really excited for this summer too, good trips, good shows and music, good times with the girlfriend and friends, both new and old...get pumped. I also learned a lot about people in general this year. I found out that you have to learn, sometimes the hard way, to realize who actually makes you happy and who has always been there for you over the years, and to keep those people close. Once you realize these things, also, you can't waste your time, don't be afraid to let people know what you think and what you feel, life's too short ya know? Overall, as of late, things have finally fallen into place, some really good stuff has been happening, I feel comfortable in my own skin, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment