Monday, November 1, 2010

Wolfpack Weekend 2010

This weekend was awesome/bittersweet. I'll cover the awesome stuff first.

Friday: Pretty chill day, just hung out with friends, went to Belle Isle and goofed around in the abandoned buildings there, hopped fences into the train yard, all that kinda stuff. Afterwards we visited Vinyl Conflict in Oregon Hill (best record store), then headed to Stewart's. A big group of us went from there to mi casa, where we met up with some friends who were visiting from college, and just talked and whatched movies and hung out.

Saturday: Definitely busy, but in a really good and fun way. I just chilled at home till about 6pm, then rolled downtown to Alley Katz, where me and a bunch of friends checked out the "Hell-oween" metalcore festival. Honestly, the music was terrible, and there were a bunch of fights, but it was amusing at least, and being with friends is good. Not to mention I didn't pay muahaha, it's nice knowing people who'll get you in sometimes. Afterwards, me and a bunch of people went over to Ryan's apartment, and just jammed out and chilled. Eventually it ended up being me, Ryan, Michael, Bronwyn, and Stewart. Ryan convinced all of the guys to let him buzz our hair...dunno if that was a good idea or not but I personally don't think it looks too bad, definitely a more mature look buuut yeah. We then got in the car (at about 1am) and headed on an adventure to...acquire..some pumpkins. After that, which was hilarious/fun, we all carved the pumpkins and just watched crappy horror movies till we fell asleep.

Sunday: Chill day. Went to Hollywood Cemetary with Ryan, Stewart, and Ellie, which was nice, especially on Halloween day. After that and lunch, we ended up down at The Warehouse, where we were there to see the Halloween Hardcore Cover Show, which was awesome.

Overall, it was a really fun weekend. Gotta love weekends full of doing fun, chill things with good friends, it's weekends like this that I really like being in Richmond. However, when I'm doing said fun things, it really sucks being seperated from one of the people that I care about the most. Not being able to share fun experiences with Kim is definitely a bummer...I mean we text each other about what we're doing and stuff but it's not nearly the same. I just feel more comfortable and happy when she's there overall, like things are right, y'know? Long distance can suck sometimes, especially when the other person isn't feeling happy...sigh. Hopefully I'll be able to see her soon, if not, it's another 3 weeks, which makes me sad, but it'll be okay; it's worth it of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment