Thursday, October 28, 2010

My own mom said that she doesn't know me and that I've been disappointing both her and my dad, and I feel worthless. I mean okay maybe I haven't done quite as well I could be doing so far, but I'm just getting used to things, and really? A disappointment? Thanks. Can't say I've felt alone like this in a long time. Zero self esteem after that conversation. Oh well. Hopefully this weekend will be fun and make me feel a little better.

Thank you to the people that keep me sane.

2 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up too much Eric. Trust me, it makes things harder. I'm not saying to just write your parents off, but if you really are doing the best you can, then that's really all you can do right now. I know that that's not exactly the awe-inspiring advice you may have been hoping for, but it's my honest answer. I know where you're coming from; it's just a tad reversed. My parents think they know me when they really they have no idea who I am as a person. I was told several times last year that I was "disappointing" them, or it was implied if not spoken. It's hard to deal with because you only blame yourself, but just know that this time will pass. Everything will work out the way it's supposed to in the end, and it will be for the better.

    ReplyDelete