Thursday, August 26, 2010

College.

The past two days.

Wednesday: Woke up early (feeling like P.Diddy, well not really, I doubt P.Diddy is tired and all unkempt in the morning), hung out at Shafer and had some vegan eats with Stewart. Gotta say, SmartDogs are delicious. Aftewards we just chilled and hung around Monroe Park and walked around Richmond, until we met up with some of Stewart's dormmates who wanted to hit up the Deadbeat/Heathens show that night at The Warehouse. Me, Stewart, Mike, and about 7 other guys and girls walked down there, gotta say, Deadbeat was awesome, even with some idiots there. Aftewards, we walked back, and hung out with Ian for awhile, but had to leave to let him "watch some movies" with his gf hahaha, so we went out and met up with Tres and played with knives and whatnot, then I just came back and crashed.

Today: Woke up really early for my first class, Mass Comm. Huge class, 180 kids, but it was cool, I kinda like that for the mornings at least, honestly at 9:00 i'm not trying to be extremely active, I just wanna chill and absorb the material. Anyways, I ended up picking up Ricardo and Ben, and we (plus Stewart) walked through the ghetto (crackpipes on the ground, toilets on the sidewalk) to get to Vinyl Conflict, which is an awesome punk oriented records store. Well worth the...interesting...trip.We met up with some other friends after and chilled at Shafer Court and ate at some sweeeeet Mexican place, best burritos. After I met for a stats class, we hung out in The Underground (VCU chill spot in the commons), headed down to Cary Town, then ate at Shafer later. Finally I was able to drop some laundry at home which was nice haha (muchas gracias to my mom for doing it for me).

To summarize: College = fun. New friends = fun. Shows = fun. Classes = bearable. Missing girlfriend = :( Missing other friends = :(

No comments:

Post a Comment