Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Times They Are A-Changin'


Tomorrow I will officially be a college student. At 2pm I'm heading down to VCU and moving in to my dorm, not staying there until Monday though until everyone else moves in, but still. I'm excited but nervous also about making friends and finding my classes and stuff, but it'll be okay and hopefully everything will pan out.

In other news, the past few days have been awesome. My birthday was great, spent time with a bunch of close friends, and played music. Good times right there as always. I've gotten to hang out with my girlfriend a lot the past couple days also, which has been awesome. She gave me seriously an amazing birthday present, a DVD of a bunch of my friends and her friends telling about what they think about me and stuff. It really meant a lot to me, especially with a bunch of those friends moving away for school and stuff. That day we met up with Gray's family and went to Texas de Brazil...Kim in particular fit in really well in the fancy restaurant atmosphere, especially when tongs came into play. Today was great too, spent most of the day downtown, picked up my college books, checked out some hipster stores, had awesome pizza at Bottom's Up, and walked around, it was really fun! Then tonight we just hung out and watched movies and had ice cream and talked, which is always good especially with her...I'm gonna miss her, we're still dating in college and I'll see her on breaks and when she wants me to visit, but still.

On a more somber note, I had to say bye to Gray, which was pretty sad to be honest. He's been such a good friend since I first met him in middle school. I feel bad, I kinda take him for granted sometimes I think because he lives right next door, but I'm really gonna miss him. I also had to say bye to my friend Kathryn, which was a bummer too. I didn't see her as much as I had hoped this summer, which was lame but still we had some good times, and she was thoughtful enough to write me a letter for my birthday which was awesome, definitely gonna be pen pals in college haha. Goodbyes always suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment