Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 2.



Busy day to say the least. Woke up late at like 11ish, and had to head home to pick up some final stuff, still gotta pick up my guitar but that's not a big deal. After I got back to VCU, me, Stewart, Mike, and Josh hung out for awhile. We ended up skipping out on freshman convocation haha, good start to school right? We had fun though, hit up 711 (we've already been there like...5 times in two days), got some sweet punk shirts at Rumors, then me, Stewart, and Mike met up with Tres and some of his friends and saw Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. 2nd time i've seen it, still awesome. After that me, Stewart and Mike hit up EXTREME PIZZA. Actually it might be spelled XTREME. How cool is that. The pizza is decent too, no vegan stuff though, which is a bummer. After that we just walked around Richmond for awhile, checked out the Cary Street Gym (awesomeeee) then ended up going to a party at Kirsten's apartment on Grace street. Stuff got a lil crazy to say the least, and we ended up leaving after a few hours, not tryin' to get in trouble y'know? At around midnightish, we ended up running into a gang of hardcore edge kids just chillin' and heckling kids around Shafer Court. They noticed out band shirts and called us over, and we made some new friends which is cool. Now I'm just chillin' in my room. Definitely a good day.

Other than that, all I really have to say is that while I'm having fun, college still is bittersweet. I miss my girlfriend a lot. Sucks that I can't just say "Hey, wanna hang out?". But, we'll make it work. I look forward to visiting her and partying it up at JMU haha. I miss all my friends who've moved on too, and even though I'm 30 minutes away, I miss my home and stuff. People assume that just because I'm still in Richmond that I don't have the same sort of transition, but I really do. Yeah it's close, but it's still tough getting used to living on your own and being self sufficient, to some degree at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment