Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Alone.


Every once and awhile, it's nice to just have some alone time. And I don't mean necessarily cutting yourself off from everything/everyone, I think you can be alone even in a city setting, anonymity is just as isolating. I was feeling kinda stressed about school the other night and missing the missus, so I just got up and out of my dorm and started walking. It was awesome. It was lightly raining (at first at least), chilly, and like 12am so no one was out on the street. I just kinda walked aimlessly down Grace Street to Cary then started walking down towards the Bottom...it was nice, just walking in the rain and looking at the big city buildings and lights but with no one around and barely any cars on the road. Times like that I really love being in Richmond. It was peaceful, which can be welcome in the busy college environment.


On a more exciting/happy note, I get to see Kim this weekend!!! It's been a whole month, which hasn't been easy, but now I get to see her for two weekends in a row, which I'm really excited about. And then soon enough it'll be Thanksgiving break, then Winter break, and I'll see her again for even longer. Ah. Good mood, things are looking bright.

2 comments: