Monday, October 25, 2010

Worldview.

I was just talking to Kim about college and travel and stuff. Don't get me wrong; I've enjoyed college a lot so far. My classes are usually fairly interesting, but at the same time the schedule can get monotonous. Every day, it's basically wake up, class, eat, class, work, class, eat, hang out for a little, work, sleep. Rinse and repeat. Of course that can change, there's exciting stuff going on down here all the time, but overall that's the main core structure of the college experience. Sometimes, I wish I had no financial ties to the school or my parents or anything, so I could just get off my bed, pack a bag, walk out the door, get in my car, and go wherever the road takes me. Or, even better, go (with the significant other preferably), get on a plane, and get lost in Europe for awhile. I would love that, no obligations, a completely new place with new culture and and new societal standards, and spending time with someone I care about....a sort of blank slate so to speak. You'd come back to "real life" benefitting in a lot of ways probably also; a more complete worldview, an appreciation of different cultures, not to mention the memories and stuff.
Sigh. One can dream.

This place looks rad.

2 comments: