Thursday, October 7, 2010

Gone.


Sometimes I wanna just grab a backpack, a few changes of clothes, a little money, and just walk as far as I can away from everything. Take a solid week and just see where I end up, walking/hitching/sightseeing during the day and camping out or squatting at night, maybe ride the rails a little too. I'm sure you'd see some crazy stuff, certainly different parts of America and aspects of society that few see. Perhaps a little dangerous at times too but hey, that's life.

And, as always, something I've always wanted to do is just spend a solid month or so in Europe. I'd go there with a friend/girlfriend and only carry a backpack and a little money, same as the other trip, and I guess a credit card for emergencies. Maybe arrive in like Spain or something, and just go wherever, not having a plan or set route. Probably need to get odd jobs here and there to make money for food and stuff, and rely on strangers often. I mean c'mon, how awesome would that be? You'd see so many unique things and get a much different and more genuine experience than most foreign travelers receive...I feel like in going about it that way you'd see the country and culture in it's "distilled" form so to speak. Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment