Friday, December 24, 2010

CHRISTMAS EVE

I love Christmas Eve. You have so much leading up to the actual event of Christmas, and it all culminates with Christmas eve. Don't get me wrong. I love the actual Christmas day, presents and all and family and friends, good times!

But.

Christmas Eve is when I personally really "feel" the Christmas spirit the most if that makes sense. For example today, I went out, shopped a bit with my mom (craziness, eff walmart), got Starbucks, came home, played xbox and relaxed, then our family friends Bruce and his daughter Kelly came over, along with a couple of my friends for dinner and just catching up and chilling.

After that, it was time for church at 10:30. Christmas mass is by far my favorite service my church offers. The whole church is decked out in wreathes and candles and poinsettas and other festive stuff, we sing Christmas carols, hear the story of Jesus being born, all that good stuff. Plus my friend Gray came with us. He's not Catholic, so he was a little out of his element haha, but it made for an even better time. After that, we came home, and I went over to Kim's house to pick up my Christmas present from her and to get to see her for a little bit on Christmas Eve. She got me two awesome shirts from two of my favorite hardcore bands, they're definitely gonna be worn/moshed with heavily.

Speaking of her, it really is a great feeling to have someone who cares about you during this season. Couldn't ask for a better girl to be with, just sayin'! Lucky hombre right hurr.

Merry Christmas to the like...3 or 4 people who read this!

1 comment: